Community and Support
The EAD mailinglist at the Library of Congress will function as the primary discussion forum for all matters related to EAC-CPF and its ongoing development.
Please subscribe here
II EAC-CPF issues and requested features (on GitHub)
Visit us on GitHub: GitHub SAA-SDT
On GitHub you find issues and discussions related to the EAC-CPF schema:
- Submit an EAC-CPF issue or feature request (Handbook): https://github.com/SAA-SDT/TS-EAS-subteam-notes/wiki/Submitting-an-Issue-or-Feature-Request
- Submit an EAC-CPF issue or feature request via our webform: https://www2.archivists.org/standards/TS-EAS-report-an-issue
- Submitted EAC-CPF issues or requested features on GitHub: https://github.com/SAA-SDT/eac-cpf-schema/issues
Please consult the website for the encoding standard Encoded Archival Description (EAD): http://www.loc.gov/ead/.
IV EAC-CPF in use
The following list provides you with examples of archival and related online services making use of EAC-CPF for encoding contextual information.
Archives Portal Europe
The European Archives Portal provides access to archives and archvial finding aids from all over Europe.
- EAC-CPF documentation of Archives Portal Europe: http://www.apex-project.eu/index.php/en/outcomes/standards/apeeac-cpf
Arquivo Nacional da Torre do Tombo
The Arquivo Nacional da Torre do Tombo is the search portal of the Portuguese national archives.
- Ferreira, M./Ramalho, J. C. (2004): DigitArq. Crating a historical digital archive. Conferencia da Associacao Portuguesa de Sistemas de Informacaco. 5, Lisboa
- Runa, Luciília (2016): Visualização de dados em contextos georreferenciados nos sistemas de informação da DGLAB. http://arquivos.dglab.gov.pt/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2016/12/Relat_Visualizacao-dados-contextos-georreferenciados.pdf
Find and Connect Australia
Find and Connect Australia aims at helping "Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants" to understand their past and raising awareness "about the historical context of child welfare".
Kalliope Union Catalog
The Kalliope Union Catalog provides data of the Integrated Authority File about persons and corporate bodies which are linked to archival finding aids and accessible online via its online catalog.
National Archival Database of Sweden (NAD)
NAD provides access to finding aids form the archival institutions of the National Archives (the National Archives, the Military Archives and the regional archives).
- The National Archival Database of Sweden (NAD): Background and technical information. NAD and Archival Standards. http://xml.ra.se/nad/static/back_eng.html
Portal de Archivos Españoles
Portal de Archivos Españoles is the search portal of the Spanish national archives.
The National Library of Australia is curating a site for Australian People and Organizations as part of the trove project to provide biographical and contextual information.
- Usage of standards in the People Australia program online at http://wiki.nla.gov.au/display/peau/EAC
SiAsfi (Sistema Informatico Archivio di Stato di Firenze)
Guide to the fonds and series of the Florence State Archives with information about creators and political context.
- Vitali, S. (2008): What are the boundaries of archival context? The SIASFI project and the online guide to the Florence State Archives, Italy. Jounral of Archival Organization. 3 (2/3). 243-260
Social Networks and Archival Context (SNAC)
SNAC is a National Archival Authority Infrastructure for an Archival Authority Cooperative.