The TS-EAS is pleased to announce the completion of the first phase of the revision. Revised schema files and an updated tag library can be found on the EAC-CPF site at: https://eac.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/.
In 2017 the Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Description (TS-EAS) of the Society of American Archivists agreed to undertake a revision of the standard EAC-CPF. The revision process is following a two-tiered strategy, starting with a technical update that includes minor enhancements and a general clean-up of that standard. The second phase of the revision will be a major overhaul of the standard and a reconciliation with EAD3. The updated schema will be backwards compatible as long as the attribute @accuracy isn’t used and values of @xml:id attributes are unique.
This update solves 15 issues, which can be viewed in full in GitHub. The changes include:
- relaxed data types for the elements
- made the elements
- added the value ‘unknown’ to the attributes @eventType and @agentType
- added term ‘published’ to the element
- added the term ‘deletedMerged’ to the element
- added the new optional element
<rightsdeclaration>with child elements to
<control>, as in EAD 3
- added the optional attribute @localType to the elements
- removed maximum year 2999 from the attributes @standardDate and @standardDateTime
- corrected the typo in the attribute @accuracy
- corrected data type for xml:id in eac.rng schema file
Please send questions and comments by e-mail to Silke Jagodzinski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Silke Jagodzinski (Bundesarchiv), EAC-CPF Team Lead Kathy Wisser (Simmons College), TS-EAS Co-chair